International Ship Security Certificate (ISSC)
Interim ISSC can be issued after ships registration in Latvian ships register in order to vessel and shipoperator/manager may complete all necessary security procedures.
Interim ISSC may be issued for the period not exceeding 5 months.
In order to apply for Interim ISSC, operator/manager must submit the following:
- Completed application form
- Verified copy of ship security assessment (by RSO);
- Application regarding carrying out ship security inspection;
- Evidence that exercise, training and drills have been carried out according to security requirements (the crew has necessary knowledge of their duties according to ship security plan);
- Information about crew change in last three months;
- Documents that verify ship’s security officer’s conformity with security requirements;
- Previous International ship security certificate if any;
- Statement of compliance issued by recognized security organization if any;
- Report of internal ship’s security audit;
- Report of external ship’s security audit carried out by recognized security organization, if any;
ISPS Inspectorate may request additional information on case by case basis according to paragraph 19.4.2.of ISPS Code Part A.
ISSC is issued after Initial Security Inspection is carried out with satisfactory results.